Thursday, March 19, 2015

Peanut Butter Cookies and Boobs

  You know that we do our weekly weigh-in every Monday, but I also weigh myself religiously every morning. I am a glutton for punishment. There are experts that say this is a bad practice and that I should only weigh in once a week. Pppphhhhhhtttttt! I keep myself in check by weighing in every day. What I've learned is that I tend to lose a little weight the day after the weekly weigh-in, then I will gain a little during the week, then show some loss by the next weekly weigh-in. But today I have to report that I weighed in at 136.4 pounds which puts my BMI at 24.9! I am officially not fat anymore! A BMI of 18.5-24.9 is considered "NORMAL"! I'm normal!!!! I may have to re-name the Axis of Evil. But not yet. She might betray me come Monday morning. 

Who would've thought I would ever be normal?


  Last night my sweet tooth was revved up out of control so I decided to try a low-carb cookie recipe. I actually got this recipe from a Paula Deen show (I couldn't believe it either. The Butter Queen making diet cookies???) And I have made them before, but I didn't know how they'd go over with Jeff and Katie. Also, instead of using Skippy peanut butter (I miss you, old friend!) I used this goofy stuff Jeff bought called P28. It's the original high protein peanut spread, or so it claims on the jar. 3 net grams of carbs per 2 Tbsp. serving. The recipe is super simple: 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of Artifical sweetener (I used Truvia), an egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. Roll into 24 little balls, roll in your sweetener and mash down with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. I just did the math and these cookies work out to 6 grams of carb per cookie. Most homemade pb cookies run you about 16 to 30 grams! 30!
Tasty little sweet tooth fix!
These two, an egg, vanilla and heat, baby!


  So the verdict is: mixed reviews. I think they were a little too sweet. Jeff said at first they were too sweet, then they were not sweet enough. Katie liked them just fine. I'll probably make these again, but maybe not roll them in the sweetener before baking. I'm also gonna test out some other cookie recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out.
  Tonight we are going to try that Cauliflower Casserole recipe I posted a little while back. And I discovered a recipe for Cloud Bread, which makes these bun-looking things out of 2 eggs, 2 ounces of cream cheese and cream of tartar. They look tasty, and I do miss eating hamburgers on buns. The only bread we really eat right now are low-carb wraps, which are tasty, but get kind of old after a while. So I'll let you know how these Cloud Bread things work out for us in the next couple of days. Here's the recipe, if you want to try it out: https://aseatatmytable.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/cloud-bread-nailed-it/

Golden pillows of happiness for our meats and cheeses. Yum (I hope!)

  I was feeling really good about myself this morning, being normal and all, but then I went to the mailbox and look who popped in to give me a little shot of lowered self-esteem:
these skinny bitches

  I'm sure they're all really nice people. And I don't feel too awful about being me. I'm looking better and feeling better. But these girls are so young and beautiful. I bet half of them don't even have to work on it. They just have the magic metabolism that I wasn't blessed with. Why do I torture myself with a catalog subscription? Because I need bras that fit! I wear a 32 DDD (hey, you know everything else about me, right?) I can't just stroll into Target or Ross Dress for Less (there is no dressing these girls up for less, I guarantee you that!) and picking up something frilly and cute. I need support! And obviously more than just the emotional kind (which I will accept anytime!). So I get the catalog to remind me to order online (because the store in the mall doesn't have a great selection for the top-heavy gals. But I don't look like the girls in the pictures in their precious little B-cups with the push-up padding. Please! If I pushed these things up, I'd choke off my air supply!
  Ok, enough about boobs. You know how I am-get on a rant and away she flies!
  So Jeff and I are always talking about how to make changes and amp things up or not plateau, etc. and so on. We decided to try something new. I became a distributor for It Works which is a company that sells toning body wraps and other products. I dig the wraps, but we're going to try out these two products:

  We'll get the Fat Fighter and the Thermofit and see what they do for us in a 30-day trial period. I have tried "miracle pills" before. You know how you can't sleep and you zone out on the TV and some goofy add comes on so you grab your phone and credit card? Yeah, I've been there, done that. The last time I did that, I read the label of the pills I bought before I took one. Among other interesting ingredients, that one contained BOVINE URINE! So Gross!!!! No, I didn't take them. These products don't have anything wacky like that in them. So, we're gonna try them out and see if they boost our weight loss at all. I'm losing an average 1.5 pounds a week and Jeff is losing about 2 pounds a week on average, without any kind of supplements or weight-loss elixirs. So we'll try this stuff for 30 days and let you know what happens. Man-if I could double my weight loss to 3 pounds per week, I would hit my goal weight by Mother's Day! Goal weight before swimsuit weather hits?  What a gift that would be! But I still want breakfast in bed!





No comments: